Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Klitschko-Gomez bout Updates

Team Klitschko refuses the WBC judge and referee.

Five days before the great showdown between WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko and no. 1 contender Juan Carlos Gomez it was team Gomez who clearly won the “first round” at today’s press conference in Stuttgart. While Vitali kept repeating that he will give Gomez a lesson “which won’t last very long” his manager Bernd Bönte had to admit that team Klitschko actually refused the referee and one judge the WBC had planned to appoint for the fight. Apparently, the champion and his team are getting nervous with fight day approaching.

“It’s funny”, stated challenger Gomez. “If Vitali thinks that he will knock me out why does he even care about the judges at all? I don’t care who will be judging the fight. I will beat up ‘Dr. Sissi’ so bad that there will be no doubt that the ‘Black Panther’ will be world champion again this coming Saturday. It’s Showtime!"

“This fight won’t go the distance. We will stop Vitali and take the belt.

On the otherhand, the 37-year-old WBC Heavyweight king Vitali Klitschko told everyone what his mandatory challenger will get as a result of talking too much. Vitali promised Gomez that he too will get the hardest fight of his life!

"I am ready. I am confident," Klitschko said. "I had no injuries in training, thank God, and I am one hundred percent ready. I heard a lot of statements from Gomez's camp recently and all I can say is that they can dream on, they are all dreams.

To watch the fight via Online Stream

Sponsor Ads

TRACKING DEVICE